Cougar Laydown 1/10th Competiton 2wd Buggy Kit
by Schumacher – K180
The Cougar Laydown is lower, lighter, easier to maintain, and faster!
It is a very versatile platform, with outstanding performance on a wide range of grip levels, from carpet, astro and dirt.
The Laydown has been developed by the Schumacher Engineering and racing team who have won multiple international races, including the prestigious EOS series.
That race winning knowledge and experience has been applied to every detail of the Laydown’s design to make a fast, easy to drive, and user friendly 2WD buggy that can take you to the top of the podium.
- New - 3 gear, low centre of gravity sealed gearbox.
- New - Small, low rotating mass transmission, including gear differential. With 3 position height adjustment, to adjust for driveshaft plunge and mixed track conditions. Optional ball diff available.
- New - Easy access transmission system, for quick diff access and maintenance.
- New - 2.5mm aluminium chassis, with sensor lead wiring channels.
- New - Screw Piston Fixing, with titanium nitride shafts, for easy build, precision and durability.
- New - Dual position radio equipment mounting plate.
- New - Front shock tower cover to protect your car and the track.
- New - Lightweight steel CVD driveshafts.
- New - Low drop wing mount.
- New - Lightweight lower spring retaining cup.
- New - Rear wishbone geometry.
- New - Inboard Toe Inserts.
- New - Adjustable rear roll centres, inboard toe-in and anti-squat.
- New - Rear transmission mounted pivot strap. Increased chassis clearance.
- New - Threaded spring collars, for better location and adjustment.
- New - Spur Gear Shield.
- New - Cable management system.
- 2mm Hex Pro ball studs.
- 23 super precision ball bearings.
- Compact steering system for improved in-line weight placement, with adjustable and dynamic ackerman.
- Front 5 deg yokes with adjustable roll centre heights.
- Strong front steering hub, with fine ‘Kwik Klip’ adjustment.
- Class leading suspension geometry with durable components and a range of optional alloy parts, offering adjustments to set up your Cougar Laydown.
- Big bore shocks with big bore “CORE” springs. Threaded collars and twin o-ring sealing.
- Improved, more durable, lightweight ball mounted, two piece shock cap with bleed screw.
- Front camber captive ball joints.
- ‘Gull Wing’ wishbones with anti roll bar option.
- 12mm Hex Wheels with industry standard offset.
- Shock seal pack housing with 'O' ring sealing to prevent loosening.
- Multiple battery fitting options.
- Specially formulated composite moulded side pods for advanced chassis stiffness tuning.
- Easy to use battery thumb screws.
- Durable, specially formulated composite "S2" material 4mm shock tower mounts.
- Rear transmission mounted pivot strap. Increased chassis clearance.
- Lightweight, twin pad 80t slipper clutch with ultra fine adjustment spring.
- Optional rear shock location in front or behind the wishbones, standard in the kit.