RC8B3.2e Team Kit 1/8th Electric Buggy
Electric 1:8 scale buggy is one of off-road's most popular racing classes. To be a top performer, one must innovate and push the envelope. The designers of Team Associated Area 51 Design Works have done just that. The result is the RC8B3.2e electric 1:8 scale buggy.
Already a proven platform, the RC8B3.2e looks to add to the portfolio of victories. No stone has gone unturned when considering the makeup of the RC8B3.2e. The geometry of the suspension has been critically analyzed to determine improved areas of performance, resulting in a new suspension arm design with inserts to adjust flex characteristics and keep dirt out. The combination of a longer rear suspension arm, narrower suspension arm mounts and an overall wider rear track width has proven to increase driver comfort, consistency and speed.
Updated shock caps allow the RCB3.2e to be run in two different configurations: As emulsion type with the bleeder screw and seal, or bladder type with the included new stiff bladders, or optional traditional bladders. The side guards have also been improved by changing the attachment method to FHCS that thread into the chassis from the top of the buggy. This increases the durability of the side guard while improving alignment to the chassis.
Please note: This vehicle needs extra parts to make it operational .
Please note: Due to ongoing R&D, photos may not match final kit. Vehicle shown on these pages equipped with items NOT included in kit: Reedy motor, battery, ESC, servo, receiver, wheels, tires, body, and pinion gear. Assembly and painting required.
- New suspension arm design with inserts for flex adjustments
- Longer rear suspension arm length with narrow rear arm mounts
- New stiff shock bladder design improves jumping and handling performance
- Updated shock cap works for bladder or emulsion style shock setups
- Shorter and lower front bumper reduces drag and allows easier access to anti-roll bar screws
- I.F.M.A.R.-approved rear wing
- 42T ring and 12T pinion gears on front and rear differentials for improved gear ratios
- Updated chassis with chamfered front edges to reduce drag
- Side guards are now threaded into the chassis from the top side of the car
- Two-piece sliding motor mount for easy gear mesh adjustment and motor removal
- 90% parts compatibility with RC8B3.2
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Buggy
Scale Size: 1:8 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit*
Length: 486mm (19.13in)
Width: 304.5mm (11.99in)
Please note: This vehicle comes as a kit and must be fully assembled by the user. Electronics and/or an engine/motor may be required.
REQUIRED TO COMPLETE
- 2-channel radio/transmitter - FM/PCM/2.4GHz recommended
- Transmitter batteries
- 1:8 scale speed control
- 1:8 scale motor, and pinion (see motor manufacturer's gearing recommendations for correct pinion size)
- High-torque steering servo
- 4S LiPo battery and charger
- 1:8 scale buggy tires
- 1:8 scale buggy wheels
- CA (Cyanoacrylate) glue
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint or polycarbonate-specific bottled paint and airbrush
- Thread-locking compound (AS1596)
- Tools needed: Needle nose pliers, Body Scissors (AS1737), Hobby knife, Reamer/hole punch, Ride Height Gauge, Calipers or a Precision Ruler
- Helpful items: Silicone Shock Fluid, Silicone Diff Fluid, Body Scissors, Shock Shaft Pliers, Hex Driver Tool Set, 5pc Hex/Nut Driver Tool Set, Dual Turnbuckle Wrench, Wire Cutters, FT Dual Turnbuckle Wrench